Tuesday 18 August 2009

I have a dream.....

It's my 25th wedding anniversary next year and I know what I'd really love to do. Unfortunately we also won't have the money for it, so it's likely to just remain a distant dream.

When we got married we didn't have much money. Although I would have loved to have got married in a church, with all the works it just didn't happen. We got married at Woking Registry Office-ok I suppose but the photos were taken in a car park. Might have had trees in the background of the photos, but it doesn't take away the fact that I knew it was the car park. I never had the excitement of trying on loads of dresses in a bridal shop-mine was mail order from the back of a Brides magazine. Our 'reception' was at a local pub and a total disaster, followed by a few people back to my mum's house. Our honeymoon to Cornwall lasted one night exactly-it only lasted that long because we didn't have the petrol to get back home again. I wish I could have my day all over again, but this time how I want it-and have a honeymoon that won't be a total disaster.

What I would totally love to do is to renew our wedding vows, but on a beach in the Caribbean-or somewhere in Australia. That way we'd get the 'honeymoon' at the same time. Sounds stupid, but I think that, with the way a lot of people view marriage these days, 25 years is something to be proud of and to celebrate with a bit more than the usual meal out. What with being on CD we didn't even do that this year. Oh well, I suppose it will just have to remain a distant dream....


No comments:

Post a Comment