Wednesday 8 April 2009

In my 4th week of Cambridge Diet

I honestly never thought that I would be able to say that. Just a few short weeks ago I decided once and for all that I didn't want to be fat any more. Conventional diets just weren't going to be for me-with such a large amount of weight to lose I knew that I would lose motivation soon after losing about a stone and a half. It's happened many times before. I needed to do something though-my life was so miserable. My clothes didn't fit properly-I looked a mess. I had constant heartburn, I was taking anti-inflammatory tablets because I had pains in my feet and my legs. I was having problems walking too far. I honestly felt I had to do something before I crippled myself.

My doctor mentioned Lighter Life to me a couple of times, but I knew that at £60+ per week there was no way I could afford it. However, browsing the forums I saw that someone had mentioned that they were doing the Cambridge diet-it was the same as LL but cheaper and without the group 'counselling' sessions. Straight away I went to their website and discovered that there were a number of counsellors in my area. It still took me a while to contact one, while I debated with myself on whether it was a good idea, whether I could afford it or even stick to it. When I first contacted a counsellor she turned out to be someone I knew from work years ago! We had a great catching up session, but I wanted my CDC to be someone I didn't know-a total stranger. I'm intensely private about my weight and even my close family don't know what it was. I found another one about 10 minutes away from where I live and she was great.

The first week on the diet was tough-no kidding. I was so hungry and the food cravings were horrendous. I spent most of my time on the toilet or trying to keep myself out of the cupboards. Trying to drink at least 2 1/2 litres of water a day when you're barely used to drinking a litre was no mean feat. It's starting to get a bit easier now, but I still spend a lot of time on the loo!
The start of the 3rd week was easier as it meant I could start to have the bars. I was really looking forward to that as I was sick of shakes three times a day.

In the first week I lost just over 7lb. Not bad but it was my TOTM too. Altogether I lost 14 3/4lb in 3 weeks. That's without the inch loss. I'm amazed. I've managed to stick to this 100%. I still have loads to go, but I know that I'll get there. Already my clothes fit better and I'm happier. I haven't taken a single anti-inflammatory tablet since I started and I no longer suffer from heartburn. That's with just over a stone gone. How good will I feel when I've lost it all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sparkles I am Gracey from Minimims. Thats great news that your health has improved so quickly and what a fantastic result in such a short space of time. When I think about what I was doing 3 weeks ago its hardly any time at all.

    Good luck with the rest of your weightloss. Hope you don't mind me following you x

    ReplyDelete