Tuesday 9 June 2009

Not really enjoying my 810 week so far

Unfortunately the list of 'allowed' foods is a bit short on things that I actually like to eat. It's no secret that I absolutely hate all vegetables and salad. I've never liked them-the smell, the taste, the texture-makes me want to gag.

The protein list isn't exactly great either. I like chicken and turkey and also quorn. Except quorn is nice when it's mixed with ragu and spaghetti-it's a bit miserable looking otherwise. I have a milk allowance, which as I don't drink milk, I changed to 0% greek yoghurt. I honestly can't say I'm keen on that either-I don't normally eat yoghurt, but I'm trying to disguise the taste with curry powder. My only other options are cottage cheese (which reminds me of sick) or plain fish.

I made cauliflower mash to have with my chicken yesterday. I had to force it down and I didn't like the taste at all. Today I tried to disguise it by hiding it in my quorn, but I could still taste it. I still actually feel full and sick after having to force all that quorn down. I even put a bit of lettuce with it but it made it taste awful.

I just don't know how I'm going to manage to get any of these veg down. I wanted to try making celeriac chips, but I can't get hold of any. Knowing me I'd hate them anyway. I tried to like the lettuce and I tried to like the cauliflower, I really did-but I'm certainly not going to be forcing them down and I won't be eating them when I've finished this diet. I'm so stuffed from all that quorn that I had to eat tonight that I feel sick and bloated.

People just don't understand about me hating veg. They think that there must be something I like but there isn't. I've always been a fussy eater. If it comes to it I'm just going to have to eat my protein but leave the veg. I just can't make myself feel so sick.

I never thought I'd say this but I can't wait to go back to Sole Source again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi not sure if you still come on here but needed to comment. I absolutely hate veg too and I am dreading going on the 810 because oftthis. I physically gag too and can't even force them down the veg I may tolerate (raw carrots and tomatoes are not included and it's worrying me! Can u suggest please how you got thru it!? Oh and I dont like fish either lol Xx

    ReplyDelete